Ercall Magna Parish Council is situated on the Shropshire plain at an altitude generally of 240 feet (70 metres) above sea level and is the largest rural parish (in area) in the Unitary Authority of Telford & Wrekin Council.
It has an area of 3,739 Hectares (14.43 sq miles) and a perimeter of 38.84 Km's (24.13 miles). There are 746 properties in the parish and an electorate of 1361 (July 2018). The 2001 census showed a total population of the parish of 1682.
In the centre of the parish is the village of High Ercall, with hamlets in Cold Hatton, Ellerdine and Ellerdine Heath, Poynton and Poynton Green, Roden, Rowton and Walton.
The boundaries of the parish are mostly within the Telford & Wrekin Council area except to the west which is with Shropshire Council. To the east and south there are splendid views across the Wrekin, and south Shropshire hills. It has easy access to the medieval town of Shrewsbury and the modern town of Telford.
High Ercall Parish Council, as it was then called, was set up by the Local Government Act of 1894. Thomas Buttrey was one of the first members of the parish council and at twenty-one years old must then have been the youngest parish Councillor in the whole of England.